Dear readers, hello and welcome!
I’m Greg Hum, I fell in love with biking in Boston one snowy January in 2008 and haven’t stopped spinning my feet ever since. I’m roughly two-parts absurd, four-parts practical; a deadly mix for something new, but at the end of the day, just another guy who loves riding his bike and organizing people around things he loves.
My bicycle-centered lifestyle has led me to discover the wonders of carrying everything, going everywhere, visiting everyone, and playing percussion instruments on my bike. I can sometimes be heard and rarely seen riding my bike with said percussion instruments on it in and around Boston. Bike-related efforts include co-founding BU Bikes in college, gathering hundreds each year for a midnight ride before the marathon, and telling everything I know how awesome biking everywhere is. I currently reside in and commute from Somerville and when I’m not writing here might be in food coma, saving the world with technology, or contributing to other bike blogs on the internet.
I wish to share with you everything I find wonderful, thought-provoking, practical and hilarious about my bicycling experiences, visions, and adventures. Posts might be few and far between for a blog, but rest assured that much thought goes into what I share with you, dear reader, in mind. I encourage you to subscribe using RSS on your Google Reader if you’d like to keep up without thinking about it:
Other biking-related works aside from this blog:
- Contributor, CommutebyBike.com, 2011-present.
- Founder and Instigator, Boston Midnight Marathon Bike Ride, 2009-Present
- Co-Founder, President, BU Bikes, 2008-2010
- Boston University Organizer, Park(ing) Day 2008, 2009
And some media mentions:
- Boston Globe, “No Crowds But Magic Aplenty on the Midnight Marathon” 4/12/2012
- BikeSnobNYC, “The Vexed Files: Time Travelers and Lotus-Eaters” 11/2/2010
- Boston Globe, “Space Invaders” 9/18/2010
- BU Today, “Trying to Build a Bike Movement” 2/2/2010
- BU Today “Where Bicycles Get Fixed, and Celebrated” 10/16/2009
Of course, biking and drumming aren’t the only skills I have. When I’m not nerding out about biking I’m probably nerding in with cool technology. You can find me on Linkedin to find out more about my professional life:
View Gregory Hum’s profile
Have questions? Find out if I have answers! thehum [[at]] gmail [[dot]] com